Global Hands-On Universe Conference (GHOU 2015) will take place in Honolulu, Hawaii from 4 to 5 August 2015, along with the annual Galileo Teacher Training Program (GTTP) international workshop for teachers and educators from 8 to 9 August 2015.
The conference will be focused on improving and propagating Galileo Teacher Training and Global Hands-On Universe in Hawaii and throughout the world. Very significant efforts are underway in many nations, and experience has proven that by working together, we all benefit! Significant advances in asteroid discoveries, activities, outcomes, assessments, workshops, and global impact and sustainability all have been realised since our last meeting.
Main Scientific Topics
GHOU conference will create a platform for professional astronomers and educators to meet and share hands-on minds-on learning in the framework of Global Hands-on Universe network, bridging the cultural and political divides. Sessions will cover;
- Reports from Nations on Astronomy for Development
- New Resources: Software, Activities, Curricula that are Sharable/Replicable
- New Teacher Support Systems that are Sharable/Replicable
- International Year of Light Activities
- Opportunities for sturdifyng GHOU’s base support and structure
- Real Research in Classrooms and New Telescope Networks for Students and Teachers
- Hawaii Telescopes and Sharing them with Educators
- Trends in Global Science Education
- Evaluation of Impact of GHOU around the world