The conference and workshops will be held at the campus in the Stord/Haugesund University College in Rommetveit, Stord.
How to get to the venue: (from the Grand Hotel)
The Grand hotel is in Leirvik. The hotel and conference venue are only a few short kilometres apart (5 minutes by bus/car or 50 minutes walking in a beautiful countryside area on a nice evening). Click here for a map. You can ask for a map at the hotel.
Take the bus #675 from Leirvik Båtkai (20 meters from hotel) to Rommetveit. Departure at 08:43AM and arrival at 09:00AM. More departure times here. There are regular bus departures from Leirvik terminal to the conference venue, Rommetveit. The terminal is located here.
The phone number to the local taxi companies are:
53 49 50 00 (Leirvik Taxi)
0700 (Stord Taxi)
60 rooms are reserved at the following hotel in Leirvik, situated approximately 5 km from the venue:
Grand Hotel http://www.grand-hotell.com/no/
- NOK 795 for single rooms
- NOK 895 for double rooms
- Breakfast included in all rooms
To reserve your hotel room, please contact the LOC at: email@example.com
From Oslo to Stord:
- Daily domestic flights to Stord available, except on Saturdays available – http://www.stordlufthamn.no/web.aspx?page=105279
- From the airport at Stord is appx 10 minutes with a taxi to the hotel. Appx 15 minutes to campus. Taxi-prices TBA. Grand Hotel is located in the city centre, Leirvik.
From Bergen to Stord:
From Bergen Airport Flesland, there are two options:
- Shuttlebus from the airport to Flesland Pier (NOK 50), then Boat from Flesland Pier to Leirvik (appx NOK 360). From Leirvik Pier there is walking distance to the hotel. This alternative depends on a boat route that is corresponding with your flight arrival/departure time.
- Airport bus (NOK 100) from Bergen Airport Flesland to Bergen City, then Kystbussen (“the Coastal Bus”) from Bergen City to Leirvik (NOK 190).
Note that the rates are one-way-rates. There may be a discount when buying a return ticket.
Barbeque-party at the campus. Social event fee 30 EUROS per person.
Visit to beautiful Engesund fish farm facility with an opportunity to taste the delicious fish soup. Excursion fee is 50 EUROS per person. http://www.engesund.no/om-oss/visningssenteret
Lunch is available at the student’s café. Price: Warm lunch NOK 70 and Sandwiches NOK 35-55
There are a few cafes and restaurants in Leirvik (center in Stord), please see the links below.
• Pizzabakeren (pizza)
• Brygga 11 (sushi and seafood, restaurant and take-away)
• China House (Chinese, take-away and restaurant)
• Keiser (Chinese, take-away and restaurant)
• Bakeriet Frugård (café/restaurant)
• 59° Nord (café)
• Stord Hotel (restaurant)
• Le Café (café)
Most citizens from countries outside the EU have to apply for a visitors visa. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide the necessary support.
Wall socket type: C/F