Western Kentucky University invites members and friends of Global Hands-On Universe to register for the 2017 GHOU meeting and the Galileo Teacher Training Program (GTTP) workshop. The scientific/educational program will be scheduled to allow participants to be able to view the total solar eclipse of 21 August 2017. Bowling Green is in the path of totality and is a short drive from the location where the duration of totality is greatest.
- Solar eclipse education and activities.
- Improving and propagating Galileo Teacher Training Program and Global Hands-On Universe throughout the world.
- Enabling teachers and students throughout the world to do what astronomers do!
Main Scientific Topics
Sessions will cover:
- Solar eclipses in society.
- Robotic and remote telescopes for education.
- 21st century skills for teachers and students.
- Social media for science education.
- Science and art collaborations for education.
- Science with technology in the classroom.
- Assessment and evaluation of teaching and learning outcome.
- GHOU best practices and reports on astronomy for development.
- Impact of learning games in STE(A)M education.