In 2020, Global Hands-on Universe Meeting is joining hands with new partners. For the first time, besides the traditional international Galileo Teacher Training Program, the meeting will count with the Global Science Opera, GSO4SCHOOL, and Global Hands-on Ocean teams.
The meeting will take place in Bergen, Norway, and will gather scientists, educators and artists in a unique event.
The program will be composed of a conference and a series of workshops for teachers conducted by the various experts joining the event. Trainers and participants will come from all over the world and provide a unique experience to the participants.
In this years´ program we have a list of very interesting topics waiting for you: Astronomy for Development, Robotic Telescopes, Science Communication, Dark Skies and Heritage, Asteroid Search, Modelling, Kinaesthetic Astronomy, Arts and Science, Astronomy and the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and much more.
Enabling teachers and students throughout the world to do what astronomers do!
GHOU conference creates a platform for professional astronomers and educators to meet and share hands-on and minds-on learning in the framework of the Global Hands-on Universe network.
Main Scientific Topics
- Innovative Methodologies for learning STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)
- Inclusive Classrooms
- Starlink Satellites and its impact on ground-based astronomy
- Planetary Defence
- Science and Arts for Development
- Robotic Telescopes and Hands-on Research in Classroom
- Open Schools and Community Building
- Dark Skies and Astronomy Heritage
- Astronomy for Development and Sustainable Development Goals
- Energy and Sustainability