Global Hands-On Universe Conference (GHOU 2016) will take place in Stord, Norway from 22 to 27 August 2016, along with the annual Galileo Teacher Training Program (GTTP) international workshop for teachers and educators.
The conference will be focused on improving and propagating GTTP and GHOU community throughout the world. Significant efforts are underway in many nations, and experience has proven that by working together is beneficial. Advances in asteroid discoveries, activities, outcomes, assessments, workshops, and global impact and sustainability all have been realised since the last conference.
GHOU 2016 conference will create a platform for professional astronomers and educators to meet and share hands-on minds-on learning in the framework of Global Hands-on Universe network, bridging the cultural and political divides. Sessions will cover;
- Robotic and remote telescopes for education.
- Challenges of astronomy education in developing countries.
- Social media for science education.
- Science and art collaborations for education.
- Science with ICT learning in the classroom.
- Assessment and evaluation of teaching and learning outcome.
- GHOU best practices and reports on astronomy for development.
- Impact of learning games in STEM education.
The conference is organised by the Stord/Haugesund University College.
To register and to submit your abstract, please visit: http://handsonuniverse.org/ghou2016/registration/
LOC & SOC